Alabamian

A Southern Point of View

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 am

Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 am

Well....I didn't have an itch!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 am

Mad don't like don't like don't like Mad
Don't like creepy crawly spidery stuff
absolutely no itches here! Tongue2

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:39 am

I no not do it! NO NO NO, I not looking! No No No No No No
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 am

Ohhhh, that is seriously cool!!! Now if there mass were in my house I wouldn't be quite so happy since my kids would be chasing them, trying to keep them for pets, and screaming when they tickled them. But out in the tree...cool!!! thanks for showing that to us yay

I know...I am weird. It's what happens when you work toward a biology degree...you begin to think these types of things are cool . Made me unfit for being a normal human.Giggle
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:41 am

You know the grand daddy long legs are venomous, but they are not capable of biting a human
for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 am

If you kill a daddy long legs, somebody's cow will go dry.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Little short toofs Giggle

I like those..always have!! Although I wouldn't want them all in my house at once, but they are cool. And we can't make anyone's cow dry affraid
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 am

unclegus wrote:
You know the grand daddy long legs are venomous, but they are not capable of biting a human
for some reason.

That is actually a myth, Gus. They have no venom and are not spiders.

Quote :
Harvestmen essentially have an oval body without the separation that true spiders have.. They also do not produce silk or a web. They are more closely related to scorpions, mites, and ticks.

Venom produced by spiders helps them in their role as predators, but harvestmen do not need venom because they are scavengers. They feed by searching over the ground or over plants for small insects, eggs, or dead material (either plant or animal). They actually eat chunks of food while spiders have a liquid diet. For protection, harvestmen can produce defensive chemicals that taste and smell bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!   

Back to top Go down

It's October...scratch that itch if you got it!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1