HEY UBU AND CAGE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:13 pm

I just went and treated myself to a new Blueridge acoustic guitar. Chinese made but it has a good tone. Nice mellow lows and fairly crispy highs. Fingerboard is a little wider than I'm acustomed to but good for finger or flat pickin. Also got a porta-studio. Gonna be hard to wipe the smile off my face for a few days.

Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:21 pm

You know Alvarez are Japanese made guitars and the ones I have had projected sound with a good tone very well. The one I got about 35 years ago was the best guitar I ever owned, as far as sound, and very comfortable to fret.

Tell us about the porta studio, I haven't kept up with what's available now, I haven't been very musical in the past few years. I have an old Sunn 8 channel analogue mixing board I used a lot back in the day with a TEAC 4 track reel to reel recorder, that tells you how in the past I was lol.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 pm

tascam d-008. digital 8 track recorder. it has more features than I can name right now. Its gonna be a learning curve cause it looks complicated. Much diferent than my old cassette multi-track. built in reverb and eq. I have been playing a Takemine acoustic-electric for over 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Very nice digital studio. I'm thinking TASCAM has been around awhile with some good products. Seems like they made some analogue mixer/recorders if I'm thinking right about the time I was playing with that stuff. You will enjoy playing with that.

I got an M-AUDIO 88 key midi keyboard awhile back and am using it with the Ableton software but I haven't mastered the software enough to enjoy it plus I've had alot of other things going and haven't been able to spend much time with it. But it's one of those things you can get back to at some point. I'm using the software on a PC type laptop though, and at some point I hope to get an Apple laptop, which are much better with music recording and mixing. Their software Garage Band is very nice. M-AUDIO makes some nice inexpensive home studio equipment also.

Have fun, what type music do you pursue, and do you tinker with composing and writing?
Back to top Go down
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Bluetick wrote:
I just went and treated myself to a new Blueridge acoustic guitar. Chinese made but it has a good tone. Nice mellow lows and fairly crispy highs. Fingerboard is a little wider than I'm acustomed to but good for finger or flat pickin. Also got a porta-studio. Gonna be hard to wipe the smile off my face for a few days.

In my opinion tic you have made the correct choice. I have two Blueridge acoustics and I put them up against anything for sound voice and action.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 pm

I played with a bluegrass group for about 4 years. I enjoy blues and anything from the fifties to today. I must admit though, I don't care for a lot of today's stuff. Never tried writing though I do parody some songs in a manner that you wouldn't play in mixed company. Laughing As for the recorder, it is purely for home fun. I'm just a fair livin room picker and thats good enough for me.

Buff. I think I'm gonna like it. I've got fairly short fingers for a guitar player and the wider fretboard may take a day or two to get used to, but it still plays pretty well. I have been enjoying it today. The recorder will have to wait till the new wears off the guitar.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Very good, I like bluegrass and have tinkered around with it for years. My first exposure to it was The Osborne Brothers. I like everything from older Gospel, such as The Happy Goodman Family type through Southern Rock to Rock, to some Eminem even. I also like some classical music, especially the German composer Wagner. Bluegrass is very fun music to play if you have a group to play with.

Alas, I have given up music though except for some tinkering with my keyboard from time to time, just to relax and clear the mental palate so to speak.

I have heard Buffalo play, he is quite accomplished it would appear.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Our friend Cage The Elephant and I worked at the same company many long years ago and he introduced me to an album by the guitarist Doc Watson. It has been an ongoing love affair with his music since about 1978. Music has made me a lot of friends and helped me through pretty rough times. It's even helped me "get lucky" a few times.
Back to top Go down
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Tic, a common friend of mine and Chet did a blind study of acoustics in Nashville for several days. The guitar he chose was the Blue ridge. That’s why I bought two BR60’s. At the time I heard him play I was fascinated by the sound of a guitar that I had never heard of. My friend is a session musician, arranger and frequent director of the Nashville Philharmonic Orchestra.

Many of the Bluegrass pickers are using the Blueridge now.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I got the br-43. Inexpensive but I am really impressed with it. Plus, its a tobacco or tea burst color. I'm sorta proud of it. Can you tell? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:41 pm

You mentioned Chet Atkins. I remember seeing him on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Johnny asked him if he still practiced. His reply was ( I will paraphrase), yes, every day. If I miss a day my band will notice. If I miss two days, my friends and family will notice, and if I miss three days. the world will know. Are you familar with Tommy Emmanuel? He is another treasure, and he was inspired by Chet............but who wasn't?
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Ha ha ha still finger pick on my Chet Atkins Tennessean and wish I could make her sing the way Chet could,

I am jealous of the purchases Blue. I still play around with a four track Tascsm. Would love to go digital.

But I am really glad you didn't buy a Martin lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:02 pm

I really wanted a Martin or a Taylor, but $500 I could afford,a $1000 I couldn't. PM me Ubu.
Back to top Go down
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Yeah, who wasn’t? Yes I’m familiar with Tommy.

I never thought I would see Guild guitars built in China.

The Chinese acoustics are excellent. They are designed just like the Martin duplicated on CNC machinery and the laminated back and sides sound better to me than the solid bodies. I’ve played some of the inexpensive Guilds and they are awesome. None sound like the Blueridge. My BR 60’s ring like a bell.
I’m not familiar with your model. Mine have very skinny necks.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey Puf...my reputation is dropping...................Are you proud of me? Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 am

We certainly have our fair share of musicians around here, don't we? Smile Grats on the guitar, Blue! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks Joy. I was surprised that Buffy and Evil were pickers. I know Cage and Ubu play. Any more pickers here?
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 am

As I told you on the PM Blue, things get settled down and we'll get together.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:14 pm

COOL Thumbup Cool
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey...guess what....they banned me again at TVT.I did nothing this time.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:54 pm

LAst night I started a thread..New question for the administrator. I asked why some of my e-motes wouldn't work. today I posted help please, now the thread is gone and so am I? I suppose you can't ask for help. This is twice I got canned for asking for help.
Back to top Go down
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:04 pm

thanks tic, you got ram banned by association. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Dang..I'm sorry.........I really don't think I did anything wrong this time. The picture, yeah, I guess it was in bad taste, but this time I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 pm

I don't know why we go over there anyhow when we got Joy over here and she loves us. Love
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:54 pm

looks like anyone that commented on the sweetwater threads were wiped out. Elb is gone too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEY UBU AND CAGE   

Back to top Go down

HEY UBU AND CAGE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next