Share | 

Just a reminder!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am

We don't discuss politics here much, and you all know I'm a conservative. I just want everyone to vote tomorrow. Vote your heart and your conscience, whatever that choice is.

I think it will be a very close race, and I hope that whoever wins, people accept the decision with grace and dignity.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks LMM. I will certainly be voting. Funny how the poll quizzes I have taken have determined I am conservative or liberal
is dependent on who is giving the quiz? If it is a Conservative poll, then they say I am Liberal, if it is a Liberal then they say I am conservative
I choose to be neither, because I can vote on the person I think is best for the job. As I look at the sample ballots
I can see that I will be on both sides of the ballot, kinda equal all the way down.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 am

Oh' one more thing, concerning your first line. I have found it very beneficial that friends do not discuss politics!
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am

Quote :
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
Thomas Jefferson

Old Thomas obviously never signed in on the T/D political forum!!! Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Just think about it, history is why we are so divided now. back in his day you could vote for who you believed
in without all these political action groups spreading so many lies against an opponent.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Yep, I will be voting and so will my spouse. I just want to say that I appreciate sooo much that we haven't had a bunch of political discussions on this forum. It is the one place I have been able to come for months without seeing people fighting or trying to convince each other who is awful and who is great. So thanks for that! I would have left the board, honestly, if it turned into the same old arguments. I figure we can all read and will figure out who fits our beliefs and goals best, so why argue about it. Yep, everyone vote whatever you feel is right for you yay

Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm

When I was a boy, the neighbors on Holley Creek told of Mr. Butler and Mr. Moore getting up on a snowy 1930's November morning, saddling up a couple of riding horses, and riding 20 miles to vote.

There, one voted Democrat, and the other voted Republican...effectively cancelling out their respective votes.

They then mounted back up, and rode the 20 miles back home, arriving home after nearly a whole day on horseback.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Yep, it does work that way sometimes. But I figure I'm not going to not vote and so who knows if the other guy does Wink
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:44 am

We definitely don't want to take our right to vote for granted. Our rights are precious to us and one of the things that make us the greatest country in the world. I will proudly vote today.

Flag

*cute patriotic music* hee/hee I'm being silly, but serious about being thankful for my rights as an American. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Did I really type 'cute' patriotic music this morning? Bless it. That should have been CUE patriotic music, but it's too ridiculous to edit. Oh well, at least I can laugh at myself. badteeth
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Giggle yes...and it was really cute;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder!   

Back to top Go down

Just a reminder!